Thursday, January 29, 2015

Raindrop Story

By: Rachel, Mrs. Seely's 5th Grade Class
 


            Whoosh!  I just flew through the sky.  Bam!  Ouch!  “I’m sorry, it’s not my fault the wind made me blow into you”, I exclaimed.  “I’m sorry I screamed at you, Rachel”, confessed Jessie.  “Wow, today the air up here above Hawaii is as blue as a sapphire!” remarked Jessie.  “I know, and the grass looks as green as an emerald”, I claimed.
 
            “OMG!” I exclaimed.  “What!?” shouted Jessie.  “I-I-I’m turning into a-a-a liquid!” I replied.  “Wow, look I am too!” remarked Jessie.  “I wonder why we are doing this?” I mumbled.  “I can’t believe you guys”, said Kelsey,” you should know that there is a water cycle and this is the precipitation stage.” “ Oh, that makes sense because I just realized that because it got warmer our clouds started to melt and now we are raindrops”, declared Jessie.  “Yeah that is understandable I guess!” I announced. “We are also falling through the atmosphere, and our clouds did not melt, they became less dense.” Reported Kelsey.  Kerplunk! I just hit the Earth’s surface at top speed!  Ouch!  Ow! “Ow, that really hurt!” I complained.  “I know, I totally agree!” agreed Jessie.  “Jeez, you guys are such big babies, get used to it, sometimes the water cycle hurts!” retorted Kelsey.

             “Well Kelsey, what are we now?” questioned Jessie.  “We are runoff”, reported Kelsey.  “Ok, so let me get this straight, after we fall down to Earth as rain, we turn into a liquid that flows across the land while gravity pulls us downhill, right?” I questioned.  “Yes”, replied Kelsey.  “I know something, its 10:00 at night so I think we should go to bed now.” grumbled Jessie.  “I agree, we should totally go to bed now.” I responded. “Good night!” murmured Kelsey. I was awakened by some pain in my back. “Ow,Ow,Ow!” I complained. We were tumbling into a bunch of rocks. “Oh, no!” screamed Jessie.  She was getting absorbed into a plants leaves. “I’m sorry, I can’t help you!” I replied.  Oh My Gosh!!  “I am getting absorbed into a plant too!” I complained.  “Oh cool, this is fun!” Kelsey declared. “Wow, it’s really weird in here!” I claimed. Nobody answered me.  “Hello?” I asked.  Silence.  Oh no now I’m all alone!  Wow this is cool. I-I think I’m floating to the top of this plant.  I wonder if I’ll ever see Jessie or Kelsey again!?

              “I believe I can fly!” I exclaimed.  Oh yeah, I’m all alone.  I feel the air outside again.  Will I ever find Kelsey or Jessie in this weather?  “Rachel!!” someone screamed.  “Yes?” I replied.  “It’s me, Jessie!” Jessie claimed.  “Jessie!” I screamed.  “I can’t see you!” Jessie complained.  “I know, I think it’s because we got released out of the leaves of the plant, so now we are floating up into the atmosphere.” I explained.  “We are in evaporation, and most of the people up here got heated up in a body of water and now we are floating upwards.” Someone reported.  “KELSEY!!” Jessie and I screamed.  “I know, I know you thought you would never find me.” Kelsey muttered.  “Brr…it’s starting to get kind of cold up here.” I grumbled.  “Yeah, it is!” Jessie agreed.

              “Brr... it’s getting even colder up here!” I exclaimed.  “Yeah, and it’s very humid up here.” Jessie said. Then we started to turn into a water droplet and clump together.  “I think this is a cumulus cloud.” I explained.  “Yeah, me to because we are also in the

              Troposphere.” Jessie agreed.  “Yes, you are both right. A cloud forms when water vapor turns into water and then the water molecules all clump together and form a cloud.” explained Kelsey.  “Okay then, so smarty what is this stage in the water cycle called?” I questioned.  “This is condensation because we condensed into a cloud.” reported Kelsey.

              “I feel as graceful as a swan, just floating all around.” announced Jessie.  “Yes it is very relaxing up here, just don’t look down!” I replied.  All of a sudden it started getting very warm up in the clouds.  “Oh no! We are starting to fall as rain again!” I groaned.  Then we started falling.  “Wait we aren’t rain this time we are like, slush?” I questioned.  “Yes, we are falling as sleet though.  There are 4 types of precipitation we can fall as- rain, snow, sleet, or hail.” Kelsey reported.  “That is very fascinating.” I replied.  So then our journey started again.

 
                                                                   THE END!!


No comments:

Post a Comment