Thursday, January 29, 2015

Rain Drop Story

By: Peyton, Mrs. Seely's 5th Grade Class
 


           Hello my name is Peyton Sparks. I’m a water particle in Little Pigeon River in the Appalachian Mountains in North Carolina. I live in the river with my friends Andrew, Jacob, Juan, Autum, Jaedyn, Ross, Skyler, Eric, Kortney, and Josalynn. The stream is as clear as glass. Now this is my story of how I went through my first water cycle.
           So as I told you I live in a stream. It started raining hard the water was getting higher and higher. This has never happened before I felt petrified as all of this was going on right in front of my eyes. I looked at my friends they too looked frightened. Then I started getting tossed and turned through the rapid water. The scenery was flying past me. “Guys what’s happening! “yelled Skyler at the top of her lungs. “I don’t know but this is scary! “yelled Jacob who was now panicking. “Roller coaster ride” screamed Andrew raising his hands in the air. I looked around at the scenery. There was really tall things in the sky but they weren’t trees. They were shiny too. There were people too, but I have never seen so many in one place before. I wondered “Why were there so many in one place also what were those really tall shiny things? “. There was a rock in the middle of us and when we hit it the water between me and my friends got hit. When it did I got blasted back I landed in a random puddle. “Guys where are you!“ I called it was night now I looked around. I just realized I was all alone.
            I started panicking. I looked around even more hoping to find a trace of my missing friends. Suddenly I heard a voice say “Hello Dear are you okay?” the voice asked ever so calmly. I spun around to confront the voice I met face to face with a man that had brown hair and blue eyes “Who are you? “  I inquired the man “I’m John and you are?” he said replying to me “I’m Peyton.” I said. “Well Peyton I see you just started up your first water cycle and before you ask yes I’m going to tell you what the water cycle is and teach you about all the different phases of it.” He then started laughing at my expression which at the moment was confusion. Once he stopped laughing he then started to tell me about it all. “The stage you just went through was run-off next is evaporation.” He explained. “What’s that?” I asked “That is when the suns heat shines down on us and we become water vapor.” He explained to me. “What’s water vapor?” I asked. “Water vapor is a type of gas.” He answered. “Look!” he exclaimed. “It’s happening right now!” Suddenly I felt as light as a feather. I looked down my feet were gone! Instead replacing them was a wisp like you see on a ghost. “Is this normal!?” I yelled at John “Yup.” He said smiling as him and I started floating  into the air. “Wow.” I thought “Where are we now?” I asked still looking around amazed by everything I was seeing. “Were in the atmosphere.” He said answering my question. I already knew what the atmosphere was so I didn’t ask about that. “What’s going to happen now?” I asked “Or do we stay here forever?” “No that doesn’t happen the next thing that happens in the water cycle is condensation.” He explained “So what is condensation?” I asked “Condensation is when all the raindrops that got evaporated all come together and because it gets colder here the farther you go up we clump together and become this thing called a cloud.” He explained to me. “Okay.” I paused then asked another question. “So when will it start?” “Soon” he answered. “I can’t wait.” I thought as John and I were still floating through the atmosphere.
            When it started getting cold John and I were shaking really bad. We saw some other water vapor shaking like us from the cold. I looked around in that group of water vapor still no sign of my friends. More water vapor started getting closer to us and as John said we all started piling up together. Then we all started floating together. There were white fluffy walls that acted like a barricade keeping us all inside. I was getting warmer until I was sweating. “I don’t like this at all!” I exclaimed miserably. “It’s not my favorite part of the water cycle either for most water vapor it isn’t. He mumbled. I looked down to see my wisp but I had feet and legs again. “Oh no!” he basically whispered. He was looking down at his legs and feet with a look a of fear on his face. “What!?” I asked. “We are water particles again and soon will be in a phase of the water cycle that as worse as this it is horrible!” he groaned. “What is it?” I asked. “Precipitation” he said with that look of fear still engraved on his face.
            “Precipitation?” I asked concern on what this phase of the water cycle was all about. John still had the look of fear on his face as he explained to me what precipitation was. “Precipitation is when the cloud were in gets heavy and we fall out of it because we all aren’t the weightless water vapor we used to be we are now water particles and when we fall out of the sky there are 4 different type of precipitation we could fall out of as . There is hail, rain, sleet and snow.” “Oh.” I said those were the only words I could muster at the moment. Then suddenly fear started to creep into my heart like a thief in the dead of the night. I, Peyton Sparks was going to fall out of the sky, yay. It was a little bit that we waited for it to happen but it happened so quickly all I heard was BOOM!!!!! And John and I were free- falling through the sky. I, obviously started screaming my head off. Then I heard a SPLAT!!! And some sudden pain but it went away quickly. John and I had landed in a river, my river. We had landed in Little Pigeon River, yes home sweet home. Then I felt  a hand on my shoulder while John went exploring, my friends “Guys!!!” I accidently screamed in their faces. “Okay then.” Jacob said trying to dismiss the fact that I had screamed in their faces. Eric then screamed in my face for revenge I suppose. But it didn’t matter I was back home with my friends.
            So yeah it has been two weeks since we have been home done with the water cycle. John says in a couple more days the water cycle will happen again for us. But I really don’t care because I’m enjoying the fact that I’m home with my friends. So that was my story of my first water cycle. It really isn’t that scary when you know about. Maybe just maybe I’ll make another story. Anyway I’m off  to prepare for my next water cycle. I want to bring some comforts with me on my next water cycle it will make it more enjoyable, Goodbye now my dear reader of my story.


No comments:

Post a Comment