Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Raindrop Adventure

By: Josalynn, Mrs. Seely's 5th Grade Class
 


“Good Morning!” Ma spoke softly to me this morning. To me her voice sounded like bubbles in the ocean. Oh, where are my manners? I’m Makaela Snow. I live in Antanarivo, Madagascar. Antanarivo is on the northeast coast of Madagascar. I live in a straw house with my mom, dad, and my annoying brother. Well, it’s time for me to go  to the academy. My teacher is Mrs. Raini. I am in the 7th  grade. She told us about the water cycle. The water cycle is the cycle water takes  to become precipitation. These are the 4 stages :

    1: Evaporation

    2: Condensation

    3: Precipitation

    4: Runoff 

 But we are talking about evaporation.  Evaporation   is when   tiny  droplets  of  water rise into the Troposphere.  The water drops condense  into water vapor.   Water vapor is water in   a vaporous  form especially  when  below  boiling temperature and diffused.  Suddenly,  I was being lifted up!!!  And I have to admit I was as scared as a cat is of water .  Brrrrr…..  It’s c-c-c-c-c-cold rising u-u-u-p  into th-th-the  atmosphere.. “Hello?”  a mysterious voice says awkwardly aloud to me.  The   mysterious voice brung me back to reality. “ Who are you?’’  I ask.   She  says “ My name is Malala.”  I tell her my name and ask  where we are going. But,  she  doesn’t   answer.  I wonder where she went .   AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! 
           Malala ?”   I yell.     Where  are  you?”   I say aloud..     “Makaela!  Help me!”  Malala cried.  I respond by  yelling,  “ What’s wrong Malala?”.   “ Where a-a-a-are you ?” she speaks eerily. I say I’m right nearby and I could  use her voice as a guide.  Suddenly, I hear a loud high pitch scream that sounds like………….Malala! “ I’m  hurrying Malala!” I yell unknowingly. I pull  Malala into a warm hug.” We must be in the condensation stage.” She tells me unwary of her surroundings. I say, “Condensation?  Isn’t that when water runs on the surface?”. She snaps “NO! It is when water clumps around a nucleus made of dust and other particles in the  trophospere.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment