Thursday, January 29, 2015

Raindrop Story

By: William, Mrs. Seely's 5th Grade Class
 


     “Oh, hi there.”  “My name is JohnnyMcMolecule.” “The story I’m about to tell you is quite long, so get comfortable.” “It all started when I was just a little molecule.” SPLASH SPLOSH all day long, a puddle in London, it was as wet as the ocean. “Mother?” I asked. “Yes dear?” Mother replied. “Do we have to stay here all the time?” I question. “No, today we have a surprise for you.” She answers. “Really!?” I say excitedly. “Yes.” Mother reassuringly. *But what I did not know was that something very crazy was about to happen.*
     “Aaaaaaahhhh!” “Why am I turning invisible!?” I yell in fear. “Calm down.” Mother says. “We’re evaporating.” “Why did we do something wrong!?” I ask fearfully. “No, it’s because  of the sun’s heat.” “and soon we are going to turn into clouds.” Mother explained. “Oooohh….well all I want to know is why is it so cold?” I replied. “Well since water vapor rises quickly we are really high in the atmosphere.” “Ah! Whoa we are high!” I exclaimed. *A few minutes later other molecules started condensing and formed a cloud with us.* “Yes a Cumulus cloud my favorite one!” I yell. It had been 5 months since Johnny and his mother left London and now they were in a Cumulonimbus cloud and were ready to drop!
     “Here we goooo......!” I scream as I fall out of the cloud. “Wait….this isn’t London…OH NOOOO….!” I yell still falling to Earth. *A moment later I slid down a long road hitting a building every time I tried to move, eventually I fell into a drain where I found a paper called “New York Times”.
     Luckily my mother and a few others fell into the same drain. “Mother? Is this place called “New York”? “Yes.” She replied. “Oh and I have another question.” I say. “Why did we not land back in London?” “Well the 5 months we were in that cloud the wind pushed the cloud here.” Mother explained. *And that’s how I got here to tell you my story, and luckily it was short enough for us not to evaporate….oh! it’s happening again LETS GO!
     Yet again evaporating into the atmosphere Johnny and his mother wait to form a cloud with other molecules, and when they did form a cloud it was a Stratus cloud. “Wow!” I say in astonishment. “This cloud looks big enough to cover an one mile radius!” and again they start their journey. It hadn’t been long since they left and were now in a Nimbostratus cloud.
This time before Johnny and his mother dropped they found themselves in a hurricane somewhere in California. The wind threw them around so much that they were separated and somehow found each other again *  I am still trying to figure out how though.* But not long after they landed they were swept away by a flood wave that ran rampid through the streets. A day later they started to evaporate again wondering what was coming next. This time had formed another cumulus cloud, and as always they would soon be a Cumulonimbus cloud. After 7 months of waiting they finally formed a Cumulonimbus cloud and were going to drop in a few minutes. Also during the 7 months went by Johnny made some new friends, their names were Harry Hailstone, Sean Sleet and Jerry Snow. They also had family with them, so my mother finally had someone to talk to. After a little bit they dropped into New York yet again. And while they were falling into New York they all made an incredible encounter! It was Godzilla!! He was acting in the 2014 version of Godzilla. “HI GODZILLA!!!!!” The 4 boys yell at the same time. “HELLO!!” Godzilla roars back. “CUT! Godzilla who are you talking to?” The director asked. “Myself.” Godzilla replied. “Ooops…” Say the 4 boys. “Wow! That was amazing to see a famous actor!” Johnny says to his friends. Just a few seconds later they can see all sorts of props flying around for the movie. “Wow….. I actually feel like I’m in a movie right now!” I yell. Eventually they all fell into a drain and kept talking and talking about how good the new Godzilla movie was going to be. They even thought that they might to get to see themselves in the movie! They thought this because well….. before they fell into the drain Godzilla was on the same path they were. That night minutes before they evaporated out of the movie scene Johnny made a wish that next time they turned into a type of precipitation they all got to meet another movie actor.


1 comment: