Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Real Rain Drop Story

By: Nathan, Mrs. Seely's 5th Grade Class
 


‘’Ahhhhhhhhhhhh’’ I scream, I’m falling to my death like a pebble off a cliff .I don’t know how all this started but my names Spark. I’m always getting into situations but not this bad. I keep falling faster and faster screaming for my life. Before I hit a mountain my whole life flashes before me. I guess while stuck in space and time I may as well tell you how this all started. ‘’What did I do to deserve this? ‘’but then I hear a crash!
     ‘’Ahhhh this is the life.’’ I say floating on a bubble in the Atlantic Ocean. The sky is dim the ocean is warm and I’m with my friends and family.’’ I’m  going home.’’ I tell everyone ‘’See you later Spark and don’t get caught by precipitation!’’ teases Joey he is always telling steam or ghost tales about a curse called precipitation. It makes you disappear and fly away. I wonder if I should swim or take a fish or take a fish when suddenly my hand disappears. ’’Huh’’ I wonder when my arm disappears!
     After I lose my arm to I don’t even know what I start to panic! ’’Help me!’’ I scream running around in circles. Then I start to feel woozy the last thing I remember is my arms and legs vanishing. ‘’Ahhhhhh mom I had the most crazy nightmare ‘’ I hear no reply. ‘’Mom?’ ‘’Nihow!’’ I hear someone say then I see a young Chinese raindrop. ’’Hello where am I ?’’ I ask. ‘’You are in evaporation’’ she replied in her best English. then I look up and see a big grey Cumulonimbus cloud.
     As I keep floating upwards I notice two things: I am just a head and the air up in the atmosphere is cold! The Chinese raindrop has left and I am sick from tossing and turning. I feel like I’m about to freeze when I hear someone call my name. “Spark over here!’’. When I turn around I see a big zigzag cirrus cloud and in it is my old buddy frosty! I float over and talk with him. Frosty is a ice crystal with bright eyes and a big smile. ”Frosty where are we!?”I ask. “why you just got done with evaporation this is condensation!”      

    “Conde-what now!” I reply confused. ”Condensation  remember in school we  learned that the sun gives us heat and we evaporate then we condense!” “Okay when I’m millions of feet in the air and feel like I’m in school I draw a line.” I joked. But soon me and Frosty started to separate “See you back home!” he calls out a few minutes later I start falling “Weeeeeeeee!” until I see a cliff under me gulp I got my body back and formed a raindrop but I don’t think it matters now!

       “Ahhhhhhhhh!” I scream rather horrified. Im falling to my death like a pebble falling off a cliff. I keep falling faster and faster. Then I hear a crash, ouch but there’s no time to complain because Im sliding down the mountain. Bump Bump Bump that’s all I hear until I close my eyes and pray for a miracle… then I hear a splash. “Hurray!” Everyone was cherring then I stop and notice… I just survived the water cycle!
     I was so happy I thought I was going to explode. “We landed in a river!” everyone cheers. But then I see him his bright eyes and warm smile “Frosty!” “Spark!” we run to each other and hug but when he tells me we were only a few miles from home I hugged tighter. Soon after a lot of walking we get home. “MOM!”. “What happened she asks “It’s a long story I tell her but then I see him, my little brother tony flying towards the sun “Hi big brother who’s taller now?”

 
                                                         THE END


No comments:

Post a Comment