Thursday, January 29, 2015

Raindrop Story

By: Jaedyn, Mrs. Seely's 5th Grade Class
 


Have you ever fallen from the sky before? Because  I  have  and  it  hurts  worse  than  being  hit  than  a  fast  moving  train. My name is Jaedyn   by the way. Let  me  tell  you  the  time  I  fell  from  the  sky  and  learned  the  water cycle. This is my story.
Imagine me living in the Bahamas on a mountain. This  happened  right  before  the  annual  sliding  festival,  chosen  members  of  our  civilization  slide  down  our  mountain  into  the  great  pond. My  friend  Gary  says  the  “scientifical”  name  for  it is  runoff. “It’s the movement of water droplets sliding downward after precipitation “he mocks. Gary and  I  were  playing  baseball  on  top  of  the  mountain  when  I  hit  a  homerun  and  the  ball  rolled  down  the  hill. I  went  to  go  get  the  ball but  I  ended  up  falling  into  the  pond  with  no  way  out. “I  just  fell  into  the  great  pond, I  just  became  part  of  the  festival, I’m  now  called  runoff!
Over  my  panicking  I  couldn’t  hear  a  word  except  Gary  yelling  at  me  from  the  side-lines “Are  you  ok?” Which  I  soon  realized  that  he  is  right  there  beside  me.”Why did you jump in? “I stammered “You’re not getting evaporated without me.” “Evapa-whated?’  I  stammered, You  know  nothing  about  the  water cycle  do  you, have  you  been  sleeping  in  class  again? “That’s beside the point now what evaporation is.” It’s  were  the  sun  heats  up  the  surface  of  the  water  and  it  evaporates, dud” he  told “And  once  that’s  done-“ “boooooring”I  moaned. Hey  dude  what’s  happening I  feel  like  I’m  being  barbecued. Gary… where  did  the  ground  go, after  my  words  I  feel  faint.  The  last  thing  I  remember  seeing  is  Gary  flailing  his  arms  then…darkness. 
            Wake up sandman, you have to see this! I  pry  my  eyes  open  to  see  Gary  standing  over  me  yelling  again. “Wake  up” I’m  up, I’m  up  are  we  still  flying? Yeah  why, if  you  faint  again  I’ll  push  you  down  so  hard  that  you’ll  probably  splat  onto  my  house! “Don’t you touch me get away” I yelped “I was joking. “He explained “Stay five feet away from me! “I shrieked “Exactly where are we going again? “I  asked  if  you’d  listen  to  me  you  would  know. Prepare  to  get  bashed  and  bruised  because  when  we  become  a  cloud  all  the  water –droplets, that’s  us  are  now   get  stuck  to  each other  and  become  a  cloud(without  them  knowing  they  were  stuffed  into  clouds  during  their  conversation)dude, I’m  getting  really  cold… why  can’t  I  move. Then we started to drift down “who’s a pretty snowflake? You are, yes you are.” He mocked “Gary what’s happening to us? Now I know you’ve been sleeping in class.” Where  now  in  precipitation, the  water  droplets  have  now  turned  into  four  different  stages. Rain, sleet, snow  or  hail  then  once  we  fall to  earth  and  become  runoff, transpiration or-“ Then  Gary  was  gone  again!”


No comments:

Post a Comment