Thursday, December 3, 2015

Raindrop Story


By: Alyssa O.
Ms. Carpenter's 5th Grade Science Class

            My name is Rilley.  I am a raindrop.  One day I was drifting in the air inside a cumulonimbus cloud.  AS I traveled, it got more crowded, dark, and cold.  Just then I started to see a hole appear.  As the hole got bigger, other raindrops fell through.  Then, I finally slipped and fell through the hole myself.  Then, my journey began.
            As I fell I heard loud booming sounds and streaks of light.
 I was frightened and started yelling as I fell, “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!”
I finally landed and stopped yelling.  I landed on something that was big, brown, fuzzy, and had four legs.  The animal was walking on sand. 
“The Atlantic Ocean,” I whispered.
Then all of a sudden the animal began to shake.  It shook back and forth until I finally let go of its fur and landed in the ocean.
“Yes,” I yelled, “I got to the ocean!”
The ocean currents were very strong because of the storm happening above the warm waters.
I was really getting pushed around.  As the storm disappeared, I started to calm down.
Then the sun started to appear.  The sun was heating the ocean waters.  I started to fell the warmth of the sun and started to feel the warmth of the sun and started to lift into the sky.  I became water vapor. 
“I love feeling the sun’s warmth,” I said as I was lifted, butas I got higher and higher I started to cool, condense, and form a cloud.  This time I formed into a cumulous cloud.

“Here I go again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment